Re: changing mailboxes after midnight

* Mike Arrison <arrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-09-22 18:47]:
> Mutters,
>     When I press 'c' to change a mailbox at 11:59pm local time, Mutt
>     nicely prompts me to change to my '+friends' mailbox because it is
>     in my mailboxes line in my .muttrc and there is new mail in that
>     mbox.  However, if I were to do the same thing at 12:01am the
>     following day (2 minutes later), Mutt no longer thinks there is new
>     mail in that mbox, even if I didn't go to it at 11:59.
>
>     Said another way, Mutt does not see new mail in mboxes from the
>     previous day.  Feature/bug/user error?

I think that when you look at your mailbox at 23.59 mutt says you
entered the mailbox. but the very next day (you gave it away ;) mutt
compares the last entered and the last modified times. the last
modified time was before the last accestime. only thing wrong with
this theory is that it'd has to do the same on every moement of the
day. so not only at midnight.

(btw, congratulations for checking out your problem for at least 3
days (guess it was all you can think of all day *must check mailbox
at 23.59* ;) j/k)

Greetings

Theo Vermeulen

--