stripping gpg output

Hi all, I use mutt with a text to speech system, so it is important for
me to avoid extra verbiage when reading each message. I want to have
pgp/gpg signatures verified, but I only want to know the details about
the key when I use a macro. For most casual mailing list posts the "pgp
signature successfully verified" in the status line is good enough for
me. I have attempted to do this with the following, but I am not very
good with regular expressions and I wanted to know if there was
something I hadn't considered.

in .muttrc

macro pager <F5> :set\ display_filter=".mutt/gpgfilter.sh"<enter> \
strip PGP output
macro pager <F6> :set\ display_filter=""<enter> show PGP output

in .mutt/gpgfilter.sh

#!/bin/sh
sed '/\[-- PGP output follows --\]/,/\[-- End of PGP output --\]/d'

Any tips on a better way to do this would be appreciated, thanks.

--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.