Re: removing signature

On 18.09.03,13:21, K. Shantanu  wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking for a way to remove quoted signatures.
> That is when I reply to a mail, the quoted signature should go BUT not
> my new signature.
>
> I use mutt 1.4i and vim as my editor.

This could be done in Vim. To quote Sven Guckes suggestion:

Anyway, I prefer simple solutions.
Here's a mapping for Vim that
should kill a quote signature:

"     ,kqs = kill quoted sig (to remove those damn sigs for replies)
"          goto end-of-buffer, search-backwards for a quoted sigdashes
"          line, ie "^> -- $", and delete unto end-of-paragraph:
  map ,kqs G?^> -- $<CR>d}
"
"     ,kqs = kill quoted sig unto start of own signature:
" map ,kqs G?^> *-- $<CR>d/^-- $/<C-M>

Maybe Fefe will add this to the FAQ?!  ;-)

Sven

- Jostein

--
Jostein Berntsen <jbernts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>