Re: Howto strip attachments from digest ???

Patrick Shanahan <WideGlide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2003:09:16:13:45:10-0500] scribed:
> * Michael D Schleif <mds@xxxxxxxxxxx> [09-16-03 13:14]:
> > Sometime earlier this year, I saw some solution to this, whether here,
> > or in procmail, or wherever.
> >
> > Some mailing lists allow get requests to retrieve ranges of prior
> > messages.  When I receive them, they are in the form of a main body, and
> > each individual message is an individual attachment to that main body.
> >
> > Yes, I can manually view-attachments, and manually save each to its
> > place.
> >
> > How can I automate this?  I have several hundred to break out, and I
> > want some automation ;>
>
> Save the digest file to a text file and:
> formail -s procmail < file.txt

This does not do what I want ;<

Perhaps, I am missing some arcane procmail rule?

All it does is put the entire ``digest'' back into my inbox.

What I want is *all* of the attachments saved as individual and distinct
email messages -- exactly the same as if I received them one at a time.

Ideas?

--
Best Regards,

mds