Re: urlview

Thus spake Malte Neumann:
> I want to open the chosen url in an already running browser using the
> following COMMAND:
> mozilla -remote "openurl(%s,new-tab)"
> The problem is now, that this command does not accept the url with leading
> and trailing single quotes. Is it possible to switch off this behaviour of
> urlview.

Not exactly answering your question directly, but I have in my .urlview:

REGEXP  (((https?|ftp|gopher)://|(mailto|file|news):)[^'
\t<>"]+|(www|web|w3)\.[-a-z0-9.]+)
COMMAND ~/bin/mozilla.sh %s > /dev/null 2>/dev/null &

Where ~/bin/mozilla.sh looks like this:

#!/bin/bash
URL=$@
mozilla -remote "openurl($URL, new-tab)" || mozilla $URL

Can't remember who wrote this, think it was posted to the list a while
back, or maybe comp.mail.mutt

Anyway, this will open the url in a new tab in an already running
browser, or start a new browser if one isn't running.  Solves the
problems with "" simply by having it in a script.

Hope that helps,

Al