Re: quick "from this message forward" limit key

John, et al --

...and then John Iverson said...
%
% On Thu 11 Sep 2003 at 06:34pm -0400, David T-G wrote:
%
% > by saying "limit to those with ~m  > insert_curr_here" but it's a painful
% > method that I'd much rather have automated.
%
% Other than maybe finding a patch that allows you to retrieve the

Yeah.

% current message number, the closest automatic way I can think of
% is something like:
%
%   macro index ,z
<tag-pattern>~A<enter><last-entry><tag-entry><limit>!~T<enter>

Oooh, that's a good oen!

%
% which should limit away everything but the last message while
% letting you see new mail as it comes in.

That sounds like an excellent approach; thanks!  I'll have to remember
that items are tagged, but that can work.  In fact, I think I might
reverse it; tag only the last, limit to tagged, and then untag the last
to be safe :-)

I just tested the latter approach and it works, so I'll next come up with
the macro and be one happy camper.

%
% > TIA & HAN
%