mutt crashes, giving a bus error message

I use mutt 1.4.1i on an ISP that recently upgraded to NetBSD 1.6.1.

Since the upgrade, mutt occasionally crashes when I try to open
a mail in my inbox.  Mutt will present this error message:

                  zsh: 19611 bus error  mutt

and then dump me back into my shell prompt.  Mutt might open most or
all of the messages in my index, but suddenly it'll reach one that,
instead of opening, will crash.

Or, I might have a long message open and be paging through it, but
when I page to the second screen, mutt will simply crash.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

[vex:~]  [v4.0.7]  zsh  1001 --> mt -v
Mutt 1.4.1i (2003-03-19)
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: NetBSD 1.6.1_STABLE (i386) [using slang 10409]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  -DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  -USE_SASL
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  -HAVE_START_COLOR  -HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  -HAVE_BKGDSET
-HAVE_CURS_SET  -HAVE_META  -HAVE_RESIZETERM
+HAVE_PGP  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
+HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_GETSID  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
ISPELL="/usr/pkg/bin/ispell"
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/pkg/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/usr/pkg/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/ksh"
-MIXMASTER
To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx>.
To report a bug, please use the flea(1) utility.

--
                         // rj@xxxxxxxxx //