[IP] Lingo no longer VoIP service from hell but kid on the block trying very hard

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard Wiggins <richard.wiggins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 15, 2004 8:35:58 AM EDT
To: David Farber <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IP] Lingo no longer VoIP service from hell but kid on the block trying very hard

Dave,

A wise football coach once said "I wasn't as dumb as y'all thought I
was when we were losing, and I'm not as smart as y'all think I am now
that we're winning."

With all due respect: Gordon Cook gets lousy customer service from a
VOIP startup, uses the bully pulpit of I-P to denounce the company,
and now a vice president of the firm gives Gordon personal customer
service. So Gordon withdraws his vitriol.  What do we know about the
company as a result?

One data point of horrible service tells us virtually nothing.  Now
Gordon has his own personal vice president to provide customer
service, so from now on, his experience tells us nothing about what
the average customer observes. We're left not knowing whether this
company serves its customers well or not.  All we know is that small
Internet firms jump when denounced on I-P.

I'm glad Gordon feels better, but it's a little worrisome to see the
bully pulpit used in this way.

/rich