[IP] Dear Cox High Speed Internet Customer....

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Rosenberg <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 13, 2004 1:50:50 PM EDT
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Dear Cox High Speed Internet Customer....

Dave

Cox Communications (my ISP) recently sent me an e-mail saying, in part, "... download at up to 4Mbps and upload at up to 512Kbps at no additional cost."

I checked it with www.bandwidthplace.com It used to run at circa 2.1 Megs. Now
it's 3.5.

They just raised the speed limit without asking for more money. Kinda neat!

Here's the relevant part of their e-mail:

Dear Cox High Speed Internet Customer,

You Deserve More!
We are pleased to announce that we are now providing you more of what matters when choosing a High Speed Internet provider – SPEED! In order to provide you with the best value in High Speed Internet, Cox is increasing the speed of your Preferred Package High Speed Internet service. Now you can download at up to 4Mbps and upload at up to 512Kbps at no additional cost. This means you can surf the web and download music 30% faster than last week, or up to 135 times
faster than dial-up. This speed increase has automatically taken place
beginning August 10th and there is no action required on your part.

Cordially,

Bob Rosenberg, Principal
R.G. Rosenberg & Assoc.
Public Policy Consulting & Advocacy
P.O. Box 33023
Phoenix, AZ  85067-3023
LandLine:  (602)274-3012
Mobile:  (602)206-2856
bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Only men who confuse themselfs with God would dare to pretend in this anguished
and bloody era that they know the exact road to the promised land."
              Adlai Stevenson

“An informed public is the most potent of all restraints upon misgovernment.” U. S. Supreme Court, Grosjean vs. American Press Co., 297 U.S. 233, 250 (1936)

I yearn for the day when eternal vigilance doesn't have to be quite so bloody
vigilant!

"Eternal Vigilance" is supposed to mean citizens watching their Governments, not
the other way around....

PLEASE NOTE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede that a significant number of electrons may have
been somewhat perturbed.