[FYI] MS: we are not blackmailing Denmark

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/15/ms_patent_denmark/>

MS: we are not blackmailing Denmark

By Lucy Sherriff

Published Tuesday 15th February 2005 17:20 GMT

Microsoft has denied reports that it told Danish Prime Minister
Anders Fogh Rasmussen it would pull Microsoft jobs out of Denmark if
the government continued to oppose the European directive on Computer
Implemented Inventions (CII).

[...]

Klaus Holse Andersen, the EMEA VP for Microsoft Business Solutions,
the division of the company that now runs Navision, issued a
statement, denying all the allegations: "Contrary to the story
reported in the Danish media there are no plans to close the
Microsoft development centre in Vedbaek. We are very committed to
Vedbaek."

The company made no further comment on how the misunderstanding might
have arisen.

[...]