Re: index display clean up bug

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:57:38AM -0500, Will Fiveash wrote:
Thanks Michael, that did take care of the problem I described however
while testing that new version of mutt I saw another similar issue.
Here's what I did:

1. type 'm' to start creating a new message.
2. the "Recall postponed message? ([yes], no):" prompt appears, I enter
  no.
3. When the to: prompt appears I changed my mind and hit the Cntrl-G
  cancel key at which point the "Recall postponed message? ([yes],
  no):" prompt was displayed in appropriately.  Note that the mutt
  wasn't actually prompting me, it was just that the text wasn't
  cleared.

Will,

Thanks for the report. I will have to go back and look at things more closely. The issue is that mutt_message() stores the string in a global variable, Errorbuf, which is restored when the screen is refreshed. This is done so that the error is visible to the user after an abort. Except that as you've pointed out this is not always desirable.

me