Re: multipart/alternative question

On Thu 16, Jul'09 at 10:16 PM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
But anyway, I don't consider this message to have ANY "attachments". The person didn't send me any extra files to look at. They sent me the same message twice, one with extra formatting and one without. I don't think most people would consider that to be a message with "attachments", so I don't think mutt should say that there is an attachment.

I think we are on the same page Kyle. You understand where I'm coming from with the Apple Mail messages. I have collaborators who send a lot of files: pdfs, jpgs, whatever. They just toss them in the message window and they get inlined just like the example I described early and you showed. It'd be nice if they showed up or got counted somehow but I don't see how to make mutt do it.

Of all the ideas discussed so far, I think the one of counting all the non text/html attachments in the last part of the multipart makes the most sense. Especially if the last part is supposed to be the preferred/richest one according to the RFC.