Re: How to implement save_empty on maildir?

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 11:11:46PM +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Wu, Yue wrote:
>
> > Why need I to be boring to do that if mutt can do it automatically?
>
> It cannot safely remove a maildir because it has no way to stop other
> tools from delivering mail while mutt deletes it. The only one who has
> the power to stop delivery and do safe removal is the user. The same
> counts for MH folders.
>
> Removing empty mbox/mmdf files on the contrary is atomic and can be
> safely done by mutt.

What about mbox? I have set up fetchmail and procmail fetch mails via cron, so
if I'm operating on mbox like deleting/modifying some mails in mutt, and if
new mails comes now, would some unsafe evens e.g. lost mails happen?

If mbox has no such side effect, then I will be back with mbox.

--
Hi,
Wu, Yue