Re: How to implement save_empty on maildir?

Hi,

* Wu, Yue wrote:
> I want to let mutt deletes empty maildirs automatically, but 'save_empty' only
> works for mbox, why? How to achieve it for maildir?

It doesn't work for maildir. I'm not sure why, but probably because
removing an empty maildir has the potential to break something as it
cannot be done atomically.

For example, mutt could try to delete the subdirectories in this order:
new, cur, tmp. While mutt deletes new/ some other process writes a new
message into tmp/ which the delivery agent tries to move to new/ which
isn't there anymore.

I guess not supporting it is the safest variant.

Rocco