Re: handling very large mailboxes

Hi,

* James wrote:

> Once Mutt has completely loaded it works fine when poking around on
> the inbox. When, however, I try to open another mailbox (regardless of
> size -- sometimes 19 messages, sometimes many thousands), it waits in
> the "sorting messages" stage.

> What precisely is Mutt doing? Is there some way to speed it up when sorting?

This is a known issue, the message is quite bogus. It does perform a
check for new mail on all mailboxes (regardless of $mail_check). You
can't turn that off.

If your mutt is recent enough and you really have so many mailboxes,
look at $imap_pipeline_depth and play with it once you know what it does.

Rocco