Alias now can't find my Muttrc?

Hi All,

It's been awhile, everything has worked so far. I have been able to use
the alias command to append proper entries to my Muttrc file. In the
past, as i had not explicitly stated where my Muttrc file was, looked at
and used the one in ~/Desktop/mutt-1.5.19/etc/Muttrc. This has worked
fine, and actually i know it reads from that, as i changed one of my
color settings just the other day.

Now when i go to write the alias, it asks if it should write to this
directory and Muttrc, when i say yes, it says:

No such file or directory (errno = 2)

The only difference is that i have set where other mail folders are
located at, but that's all.

Is something gotten unset?

Thanks,

Russ