Re: How to save outgoing messages to multiple folders?

On 04Apr2009 21:03, ponch <ponch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 08:33:59PM +0200, Christian Ebert wrote:
| > * ponch on Saturday, April 04, 2009 at 17:38:14 +0200
| > > I'm looking for a way to save a copy of an outgoing mail into the
| > > current folder.
| > > I already use 'record' to save to a global folder, and as
| > > far as i know it don't permit to save to multiple folders, so how to
| > > solve?
| >
| > With a folder-hook:
| > folder-hook . 'set record=^'
|
| But then it does not save to the global folder. I want to save a copy in
| the current folder AND a copy in the global folder.

I do this by subverting the sendmail setting:
  set sendmail=~/bin/sendmesg-fcc

You can look at sendmesg-fcc here:
  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/sendmesg-fcc
and any scripts it calls (eg sendmesg, filemailitem) in the same folder.

Essentially, this script is a wrapper for your system's sendmail; it
delivers to sendmail, and if that succeeds, to every local mail folder
named in the shell variable $SENDMESG_FCC.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

In this [Christmas] season I can find warmth and good will to all men -
except for the inventor of the telephone.       - Mark Twain