Re: mboxes and maildirs in .muttrc

* Paul E Condon <pecondon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-02-09 01:03]:

> There is a program mb2md that converts mbox format to maildir format.
> I have found it difficult to use, but I have made it work. mb2md might
> work very nicely if you give it a clean, well maintained mbox format
> email directory, but it sounds like that is not what you have, so I
> recommend using bash and core-utils to clean up the mess somehow. I
> have been doing that myself for the past couple of weeks.

not necessary.  You may use mutt to change files from either format to
the other.  If mutt is set to mbox, you may open a maildir format box
and copy/save the contents to another new box and they will be in the
mbox format.  Also, the opposite is true, if mutt is set to use
maildir format, opening an mbox file and copy/save to a new box, the
new box will be in maildir format.