Re: Is there a way to have mutt automatically run a script at

On 25Dec2008 20:48, Michael Kjorling <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On 25 Dec 2008 14:13 -0500, by cjns1989@xxxxxxxxx (Chris Jones):
| > I guess I could write a wrapper to launch mutt but I was thinking of
| > coding something in my .muttrc that would invoke a bash shell & run the
| > script but I have not found anything.
|
| You can use standard backtick `` syntax in muttrc, but unless you have
| a specific need that cannot be met in another way, a wrapper script
| sounds much easier (and likely cleaner) to me.

It needn't be a wrapper. Eg, in your muttrc:

  `mk-mutt-commands`

and have mk-mutt-commands be a script in $HOME/bin.
I have a few scripts of my own whose whole purpose is merely to emit
commands for somthing else (mutt, fvwm etc). If they have good names it
keeps the incantation in the muttrc or whatever succinct and clear in
purpose.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Reaching consensus in a group often is confused with finding the right
answer. - Norman Maier