Re: Non-permanence of the "new messages" flag (maildir)

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 09:31:03AM +0100, Anders Rayner-Karlsson wrote:

> I can't really explain _why_ it behaves like this - but I'd guess that
> mutt maintains a in-memory mailbox state and once you enter a mailbox,
> that state is set to "read", even if the mailbox still contains unread
> e-mail. [...]

> Maybe some developer can tell me if I am far off the mark or not. :)

Thanks. At least it's not a simple flag I'm missing.  I'd also appreciate
a nod in the appropriate direction from someone who knows the codebase.
I'd love to fix this. (even if it's considered the Right Thing For
Mutt---I'd patch _my_ tree :)

--Vincent