Re: addresses in attributions

> Have you got a "%D" in your set attribution="On ... wrote:"?
> On some lists you can get flamed for including the email address in the

Flame away, if it helps. :) I've been around a long time, and I think
including the address provides more good than harm (if it makes sense
to attribute at all).  I don't really think that hiding people's e-mail
addresses on web pages is that much use anymore, but in any case that's
a job for the people putting e-mail on the web, not for me.  It's easy
for them to do HTML entity encoding, which is still 100% effective as
far as I can see, without even chopping off domain-parts or converting
to bitmaps or replacing @ with (at) or whatever the flavor of the week
is.

That said, usually I delete the attribution altogether if I don't think
it provides any value.  I've come to believe that often it doesn't.
It's cluttery, and if it doesn't really matter who I'm responding to,
why include it?  I just forgot on the last one.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx    NSIT    University of Chicago