Re: "Invalid mailbox name" with mutt + Dovecot

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 01:13:28PM -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> Anyway, if I was setting up a Dovecot server for them, I'd set up a
> namespace where INBOX is /var/mail/$user (just like it used to be),
> but where the rest of the storage is somewhere else, like
> /mailstorage/$user/. You MAY be able to access your ~/mail/ folders,
> depending on how they set up Dovecot, but the way to discover it is by
> using mutt's browser. (press c<tab><tab> to bring it up) If you're
> lucky, and they configured Dovecot to look for mailfolders (for ALL
> users) in ~/mail/, then you would just need to set up your mutt like
> so:
>
>      set folder="imaps://misilay.pair.com/"
>      set spoolfile="imaps://misilay.pair.com/INBOX"

That makes perfect sense. And in fact they DO seem to have decided to
have Dovecot save folders in ~/mail, so all I needed to do was to make
that small config change. (I futzed with that line in config for so long
this afternoon but amazingly never tried just leaving off everything
after the hostname.)

Thank you so much; my life is now slightly easier than it was an hour
ago :)

Jessica