Re: searching in search results

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 08:36:43PM -0600, lee wrote:
is it possible to somehow search within search results? For example,
if I want to find a message of which I know the From: header and a
word or some words of the body, how do I find it when going by either
the From: line or the body only would give too many results?

Search or limit, then "~f joe ~b 'meeting tonight'" would search or limit to messages that have "joe" in the From: line and "meeting tonight" in the body.

By default, search terms are logically ANDed together so that only messages meeting all criteria are returned. You can use "~f joe | ~b 'meeting tonight'" to return messages that meet ANY critera (logical OR), and "!" for negation.

"man muttrc" and search for "logical operators" for examples.

Ed