Is limiting messages slower now?

I upgraded to 1.5.18 from something like 1.5.14 and now when I limit
messages (e.g. ~N for new only) I see a progress percentage at the
bottom of the screen.

Limiting seems to be a slower action, now.  But, I'm not really sure
if it's really slower or just seems slower because of the progress
display.

I am using a header_cache (as I was in the past) but limiting seems
about as fast as actually opening up the mailbox initially.

Is this a real change in how mutt limits, or did I just not notice how
slow it was before without the progress display?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@xxxxxxxx