Re: Unicode and Mutt

* Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [20081103 14:03]:
> I saved a few messages to mutt folders that had Russian or Asian
> Characters in the subject line. Now when I look at those saved messages
> the Russian/Asian characters are no longer displayed. Is there any way
> to make mutt work with UTF-8 so that email message text does not get
> screwed up?
>
> Thanks.

mutt (at least the version I have) works fine with Unicode characters
as long as your terminal and LANG settings handle it. I run mutt in
urxvt, and with the font "xft:DejaVu Sans Mono-10". This does display
most kanji, chinese and cyrillic characters I have come across. LANG
is set to en_GB.utf8.

HTH,

--
Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>