Re: synchronization of two maildirs

On 28 Oct 2008 14:53 -0700, by malahal@xxxxxxxxxx (malahal@xxxxxxxxxx):
> I am going to a different place for couple months where the network
> bandwidth is very poor. Ssh+mutt will not be very responsive. So I am
> looking at programs that would synchronize two maildirs. Looked at isync
> (mbsync) but that seems to need an IMAP (am I right?). Any other
> programs that can work for me. If not, I may end up writing my own!

The _simple_ solution would be to copy your maildirs over to the laptop
using a regular tool like cp, along with any relevant configuration
files. Then, fetch mail onto the laptop and work with it there (maybe
keeping a backup copy on a USB memory stick or something so you don't
lose everything if you lose the laptop). When you get back, delete the
old copy on your desktop PC and copy the laptop's data back.

Is there any particular reason why this wouldn't work?

--
Michael Kjörling .. michael@xxxxxxxxxxx .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *