Re: imap_check_subscribed vs mailboxes

On Wednesday, 15 October 2008 at 08:35, András Vöröskői wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use my gmail account via IMAP with mutt. I do not want to
> update my mailboxes variable manually, so I had to add
>
> set imap_check_subscribed = yes
>
> to my .muttrc.
> The problem is the following: imap_check_subscribed adds [Gmail]/All Mail
> and [Gmail]/Spam boxes to my mailboxes variable which is quite annoying. I
> tried to remove them with
>
> unmailboxes '+[Gmail]/Spam' '+[Gmail]/All Mail'
>
> but I got no luck. So I tried
>
> account-hook gmail unmailboxes '+[Gmail]/Spam' '+[Gmail]/All Mail'
> folder-hook INBOX unmailboxes '+[Gmail]/Spam' '+[Gmail]/All Mail'
>
> assuming running unmailboxes after imap_check_subscribed helps but still
> no luck.

I'm surprised the latter doesn't work -- I should probably investigate
that. But you might also be interested in the 'Advanced IMAP Controls'
widget in gmail (under gmail/settings/labs). It lets you hide those
folders from your IMAP client. After enabling it, go to
settings/labels and uncheck folders you don't want to see in mutt.