Re: msmtp and TLS issues, prime...not long enough

* John Magolske on Monday, October 06, 2008 at 22:02:15 -0700
> I'm attempting to switch from using postfix to msmtp,

Looks like a msmtp question ;)

> There are these error messages:
>
>    msmtp: TLS handshake failed: The Diffie Hellman prime sent by the
>           server is not acceptable (not long enough).
>    msmtp: could not send mail (account acct_1 from /home/me/.msmtprc)
>    Error sending message, child exited 76 (Remote protocol error.).

Try eg.:

--tls_min_dh_prime_bits=512

I don't know whether you need a recent msmtp for that.

> At this point I'm staying with using postfix, but would like to
> understand how I could use msmtp, and whether it might offer
> advantages in my situation, as this article leads me to believe:
>
> http://promberger.info/linux/2008/04/11/mutt-with-msmtp-and-a-mail-queue/
>
>    (re postfix): "...the stigma of originating from a non-fixed IP
>     without a valid domain name if you use them on your laptop."

Different relayhosts according to sender work with postfix 2.3
and later:

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_dependent_relayhost_maps

\black\trash movie    _C O W B O Y_  _C A N O E_  _C O M A_

Welturaufführung -->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.html
World première   -->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc-en.html