Re: Wild Cards not working with mutt ?

++ 01/10/08 05:43 -0600 - Maruvada, Suryakiran:
>1. I need to send multiples files as attachment to a single mail.
>
>mutt -a *.csv -s " Testing" smaruvada@xxxxxxxxxx < /dev/null
>
>Error sending message, child exited 100 ().
>
>Segmentation fault
>
>From man page I understand that,
>
>    -a file [...]
>
>            Attach a file to your message using MIME. To attach
>            multiple files, separating filenames and recipient
>            addresses with "--" is mandatory,
>            e.g. mutt -a img.jpg *.png -- addr1 addr2
[...]

You are missing one essential note in the man page:

  [...] To attach multiple files, separating filenames and recipient
addresses with "--" is mandatory [...]

So, if you change your command line to something like this it should
work:

   mutt -s "testing" -a *.csv -- smaruvada@xxxxxxxxxx < /dev/null

>2. Do we have any restriction on the length of the file name to be
>sent.? As I have very long file names.

I don't know about that.

--
Rejo Zenger . <rejo@xxxxxxxxx> . 0x75FC50F3 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>