Re: mutt eats tabs

> No, it doesn't.  At least not in my experience.  Are you observing
> this in mail that you send from mutt, or in mail that you read using
> mutt?  What are you doing when you observe spaces where you think
> there should be tabs?

I used command "mutt lintan2@xxxxxxxxxxxx < patch" to send myself an email.
And then I used mutt "v" and "s" command to save it as a file, say patch.saved.

I noticed that all the tabs in file "patch" are replaced by blanks in
"patch.saved". I tested that the "patch" can be applied correctly but the
"patch.saved"
can not. Then I manually replaced all the blanks in "patch.saved" with tabs,
and then it can be applied without an error.

my muttrc file is only a few lines:

set send_charset="us-ascii:utf-8"

set editor="vi"

set spoolfile=imaps://username@server:993/INBOX