Re: Replying to a specific message

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Christian Ebert <blacktrash@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Kyle Wheeler on Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 16:41:53 -0500
>> function reply() {
>>     MID=$1; shift;
>     mutt -e "push '<limit>~i $MID<Enter><group-reply>'" $@
>> }

Thanks, everyone. One minor annoyance is when Message-IDs have special
characters in them, e.g., I tried replying to an email today whose
Message-ID had '$'s in it. In that case, the $s must be escaped, not
to \$, but to \\$, as mutt strips off one level of \s, according to
the manual. I currently simply replace each $ by \\$ and it works, but
asking just in case there is a well-known answer: is there some
general solution that mutt users use for escaping a pattern according
to what mutt wants?