Re: auto-move mails

On Friday, 25 July 2008, 11:46 (UTC+0200), Mads Laursen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 11:07, Marianne Promberger
> <marianne.promberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [snip]
> > Something like (not tested, and I'm sure others have better direct
> > function names where I use keyboard presses)
> >
> > folder-hook . 'push "<tag-pattern>~d > 1m<enter>s\Ca\Ck=archive\n$"'
> >
> > Actually, trying the line above just now it doesn't work; it just tags
> > but doesn't save the message to the archive mailbox, not sure why.
>
> I don't have a terminal with mutt at the moment, but AFAIKS you need a
> <tag-prefix> or ';' in front of your s to make it work.
>
> If you look closely, it should have saved exactly one message (not
> necessarily one of the tagged ones) to =archive - I think.

Thanks, this is exactly what happens.

I had forgotten about this because I have set 'auto_tag= yes' in the
.muttrc

However, it turns out that even with <tag-prefix> such as ...

folder-hook . 'push "<tag-pattern>~s
test234<enter><tag-prefix>s\Ca\Ck=isomerica/archive\n"'

if no message matches "~s test234" it does always save the last
message to the archive, so this would have to be changed to _only_
apply _if_ any message is tagged (or is there something like
<delete-pattern> for saving?

Anyway, I don't want to do this anyway, and not even sure if it's of
help to the OP, so no need on my part to pursue this further.

m.

--
Marianne Promberger
Graduate student in Psychology