Re: gbnet address still used for mutt-users list?

David Champion <dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > A few years ago messages to the mutt-users list (from Germany?) were
> > occasionally ending up in my inbox because they had been sent to what was
> > apparently some sort of alternative address for the list:
> >
> > mutt-users@xxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Is anyone aware if this address is still in any way active for the list?
>
> That was the original address for the list, before mutt.org began
> fronting for it.  It's still the domain that handles the list though:
>
> % host -t mx mutt.org
> mutt.org mail is handled (pri=10) by dm.gbnet.net
> mutt.org mail is handled (pri=20) by spamgizmo.flirble.org
>
> So it almost certainly still works, and it's probable that some day
> someone will use it.

This is false.  dm.gbnet.net is indeed MX for mutt.org.  However, as I
already mentioned, that particular address does *not* direct email to this
list.  You will get a bounce directing you to send email to
mutt-users@xxxxxxxxx

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil@xxxxxxxxxx>