Need for help about the "/root/sent is not a mailbox" issue

I have asked some questions before about the non-sending-big-attachments.

Many kind friends helped me.

However, though I'm still working for a solution, some weird thing happened.

My disk is full, and I am really afraid that's due to my several times
 'test sending'.

so maybe the mutt just put all the mails into /root/sent and they had
not really been sent at all though ...

Then, my administrator helped me to "clear" the /root/sent, and the
disk storage just be okay again

But then, I cannot even send anything now. It told me that:

 /root/sent is not a mailbox

But why? What's a "mailbox" ? Can anyone give me some tips? Thanks
very much in advance!

--
Blog in Chinese
http://www.awflasher.com/blog/