Re: Unsetting PGP signing

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:57:16AM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Friday, May 30 at 12:32 PM, quoth Arthur Dent:
> > There doesn't appear to be any muttrc equivalent to the "c" - clear
> > signature that exists in the PGP menu.
> >
> > or have I missed something obvious (the most likely scenario)?
>
> Well, my first thought was unsetting crypt_autosign (and all it's
> friends)... but if you're trying to replicate something you can do by
> hand, just use a macro to make mutt do that:
>
>      send-hook '~C mark' 'push <pgp-menu>c'
>
> ~Kyle

That didn't work either.

Hmmm...

There's definitely something strange going here....

It's not just that I can't clear the default signature, I can't even SET an
alternative one. I even tried copying the line that sets the PGP sig for my
mailing lists (which you can see from this post is working) and that still
failed to change it from the default.

I might almost think the send-hook is simply failing to match the target - but
for the fact that it IS doing the name change (i.e. the "From" is correctly
changed to "Mark Myrealname".

I have scoured my muttrc for rogue crypt / pgp references and I can now say
that these are the only references (you can see some of the things I have
tried, commented out)...

source /usr/share/doc/mutt-1.5.17/gpg.rc

#This section is testing ways to reply to a mailing list with a different
identity...

# This sets a default reply-hook (GPG Sig)
send-hook . set crypt_autosign=yes
send-hook . set pgp_sign_as=123456789

# This one ensures that all mail to the Mutt-users mailing list is sent by my
# mailinglist ID
send-hook '~C @mutt.org' 'my_hdr From: Arthur Dent <listid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>'
send-hook '~C @mutt.org' 'set pgp_sign_as=987654321'

# Use mark's ID when replying to mail to Mark
send-hook '~C mark' 'my_hdr From: Mark Myrealname <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>'
#send-hook '~C mark' 'unset crypt_autosign'
#send-hook '~C mark' 'set crypt_autosign=no'
#send-hook '~C mark' 'set pgp_sign_as=987654321'
send-hook '~C mark' 'push <pgp-menu>c'