Re: Mutt hangs, Network Issue?

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:06:28PM -0500, David Champion wrote:

> So you regain control of mutt's session when mutt dies to a kill
> signal?

Yes. Sometimes quickly. Sometimes after more than 30 seconds or so.

> Can you also suspend mutt (control-Z) from within the same session,
> or only from outside?

I have not tried suspending. I will next time.

> Does mutt freeze while you're actively using it, or only while
> you're idling?  Or both?

Idling only. And only on the index screen. I use vim as both pager and
composer, so maybe that means something. In fact, I have accidently
left a partially composed mail open for many hours, and mutt is always
functional once I close out the vim/compose aspect.

> Is it at all possible that the freezes are related to software flow
> control signals (normally control-S = stop; control-Q = start; but see
> `stty`)?  This seems unlikely since you said the problem started with
> the installation of a NATting router, but it's sometimes worth asking.

I wouldn't think so either. I guess I could dig into that a little
more. This is the same system (hardware + software) that worked
flawlessly until the new router. The router thing might be
co-incidence and a red-herring, but that is when the problem started.

Thanks.

--
Hal Burgiss