Re: Mutt hangs, Network Issue?

> This Mutt hangs/freezes probably 10-15 times a day. It is completely
> unresponsive. If I open a second ssh session, and kill the mutt
> process, it generally takes maybe 30 seconds for mutt to let go, and
> to get a shell prompt back. If I don't manually kill mutt, and just

So you regain control of mutt's session when mutt dies to a kill signal?
Can you also suspend mutt (control-Z) from within the same session, or
only from outside?

Does mutt freeze while you're actively using it, or only while you're
idling?  Or both?

Is it at all possible that the freezes are related to software flow
control signals (normally control-S = stop; control-Q = start; but see
`stty`)?  This seems unlikely since you said the problem started with
the installation of a NATting router, but it's sometimes worth asking.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx    NSIT    University of Chicago