Re: Change mail folder without pressing = first?

* Eyolf Østrem <eyolf@xxxxxxxxxxx> [05-15-08 16:04]:
> The subject line hopefully says it all: the one thing that bothers me most
> in mutt is that I have to press "=" before changing mail folders. Is there
> a way to change this behaviour, so that I can type "c" and then directly
> the name of the mailbox? On my keyboard (norwegian), the "=" key is a
> shift+number key, which is quite awkward, especially if I do it frequenty
> (which I do).
> I'd be happy to trade it for typing some prefix if I want to change to some
> folder in the file system, which I don't do that often.
>
> My apologies in advance if this is already well-documented; I haven't found
> it.

7. Mailbox Shortcuts

   There are a number of built in shortcuts which refer to specific
   mailboxes. These shortcuts can be used anywhere you are prompted
   for a file or mailbox path.

   * ! -- refers to your $spoolfile (incoming) mailbox
   * > -- refers to your $mbox file
   * < -- refers to your $record file
   * ^ -- refers to the current mailbox
   * - or !! -- refers to the file you've last visited
   * ~ -- refers to your home directory
   * = or + -- refers to your $folder directory
   * @alias -- refers to the default save folder as determined by the address
of the alias