Change mail folder without pressing = first?

The subject line hopefully says it all: the one thing that bothers me most
in mutt is that I have to press "=" before changing mail folders. Is there
a way to change this behaviour, so that I can type "c" and then directly
the name of the mailbox? On my keyboard (norwegian), the "=" key is a
shift+number key, which is quite awkward, especially if I do it frequenty
(which I do).
I'd be happy to trade it for typing some prefix if I want to change to some
folder in the file system, which I don't do that often.

My apologies in advance if this is already well-documented; I haven't found
it.

Eyolf

--
Because of the one-pointed Time awareness in which the conventional mind
remains immersed, humans tend to think of everything in a sequential,

  -- Liet-Kynes, The Arrakis Workbook