Re: Mail sends to all addresses except one

* Dirk Moolman <DirkM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-07-08 16:09]:

> I did some more reading (from the Mutt manuall, and on Google), and also
> tried the variable
>
> set envelope_from_address=dirkm@xxxxxxxxxx
> and
> set use_envelope_from=dirkm@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> but in both cases I get the error:
>
> "unknown variable"

well, you may have read, but....

ftfm:

3.52. envelope_from_address

   Type: e-mail address
      Default: ""

   Manually sets the envelope sender for outgoing messages. This value
   is ignored if `$use_envelope_from'' is unset.

and:

3.305. use_envelope_from

   Type: boolean
      Default: no

   When set, mutt will use `$envelope_from_address'' as the envelope
   sender if that is set, otherwise it will attempt to derive it from
   the "From:" header. Note that this information is passed to
   sendmail command using the "-f" command line switch, so don't set
   this option if you are using that switch in $sendmail yourself, or
   if the sendmail on your machine doesn't support that command line
   switch.

I cannot see:  use_envelope_from=<address>
boolean is "yes" or "no"

> Also I noticed that my sendmail does not support the -f option (is this
> why I get the error ?)

I use:  set sendmail="/usr/lib/sendmail"
  (on postfix)

> Unfortunately I am not any closer to a solution for my problem.

try again

> *** Disclaimer ***
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and legally
> privileged and is intended solely for the addressee and to others who have
> the authority to receive it. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is
> unauthorized and as such, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
> taken or omitted in reliance on it is unlawful. If you have received this
> e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately.
>
> The views expressed in this e-mail are the views of the individual sender and
> should in no way be construed as the views of the Company.
>
> The Company is not liable to ensure that outgoing e-mails are virus-free.
>
> The Company is not liable, should information or data, for whatever reason,
> be corrupted or fail to reach its intended addressee.
>
> The Company is not liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and
> howsoever arising resulting from the opening or the use of the information in
> this e-mail, including its attachments and links.
>
> The sender of this e-mail is subject to and bound by the terms and conditions
> of Company’s Electronic Communications Usage Policy.

Your disclaimer is trash, and worth less.... (or worthless)