emails that make mutt fail to open my mailbox

Every once in a while (like every year) I get a message that completely
fracs up mutt's access to my mailbox (IMAP).  Or some sequence of events
corrupts a message to manifest this problem.  Mutt parses my entire
mailbox, and then at the end it completely fails to open it.  However,
there is no problem with access to my mailbox from other IMAP clients.
This happened to me yesterday.  I turned on debugging which reports the
following at the end of parsing the mailbox:

5< a0005 NO The requested message could not be converted to an RFC-822
compatible format.
IMAP queue drained
Error opening mailbox

The entire debug level 3 log--sans most of the private
information--can be found at:
http://stuff.vaillant.fastmail.fm/muttdebug0Info.txt
When I moved all the messages I received yesterday out of my mailbox,
everything worked fine.  I've also attached mutt -v output.  I'm using
headercache with GDBM and I did try deleting my cache which didn't solve
the problem.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc

Mutt 1.5.17 (2007-11-01)
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: Darwin 8.4.1 (i386)
ncurses: ncurses 5.5.20051010 (compiled with 5.5)
libiconv: 1.11
hcache backend: GDBM version 1.8.3. 10/15/2002 (built Nov 29 2007 12:09:03)
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
+DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK   -USE_INODESORT
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_SMTP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL_OPENSSL  -USE_SSL_GNUTLS
-USE_SASL  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP  +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME  -CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME
-EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
+HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  -HAVE_LIBIDN  +HAVE_GETSID  +USE_HCACHE
-ISPELL
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/opt/local/share/mutt"