Re: Recommended mail filters for use with mutt?

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 05:03:26PM +0200, René Wilhelm wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 02:20:33PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> > I currently use a custom (perl) mail filter for delivering mailing
> > list (and other) mail to appropriate mailboxes.  I'm not a perl
>
> May post your script? I am really interested in it.

OK, I have attached it to this reply.

> > I want to do some changes and was thinking of moving to using python
> > (which I prefer), however before I expend the effort on rewriting it
> > I wondered if there are any ready made utilities around that would
> > suit.
>
> I'd really like to see this, too.

If/when I write it!  :-)

> > What do others here use, any recommendations that I might find useful?
>
> Have a look at maildrop, it's filter file is not _that_ simple, but
> I like it more than procmail.

I had (another) look at maildrop, apart from the somewhat untidy
syntax of the configuration file it has another disadvantage for me,
it uses the Courier idea of maildirs which doesn't use real
directories, just dots in filenames.  This makes lots of other things
that I do very clumsy (i.e. how do you manually move a directory from
one place to another?).

So maybe the python version of my perl script will appear.

--
Chris Green