Re: bounce: What happens to the CC-field?

Hello Dilip, Benjamin,

 On Sunday, March 9, 2008 at 10:18:34 +0530, Dilip M wrote:

> Benjamin Buch <benni.buch@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> when I bounce this e-mail:
>>| From:   someone@originalsender
>>| To:     me@myplace
>>| CC:     someone@else, someone@completelydifferent
>> then the header of the bounced e-mail is:
>| From:   me@myplace

    No. By design <bounce-message> sends the original header unmodified,
just prepending some Resent-* fields:

| From: someone@originalsender
| To: me@myplace
| Cc: someone@else, someone@completelydifferent

    And the enveloppe is:

| MAIL FROM:<me@myplace>
| MAIL TO:<someone@new>

    So only someone@new gets the bounced mail. I suppose you can blame
the Gmail MTA for its stupid rewritting of the "From:" header field.

Bye!    Alain.
--
You know what I would like to do? COMPLY. I would LOVE to COMPLY. But, you know
what, Pat? I don't know where the h_ll that frickin 2-dash stupid stinkin line