Re: OT: column 72 in mutt with xterm && vim

Hi Dilip!

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Dilip M wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 4:31 PM, <cblists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You can let vim wrap automatically, whenever you reach a certain column.
> > This can be set using :set textwidth. My vim comes with a filetype
> > plugin mail.vim which sets the textwidth automatically to 70, whenever
> > vim recognizes a mail (and it already recognizes all of mutt's mails out
> > of the box).
>
> Can you share the download link for mail.vim. Or it is bundled within VIM?

It is bundled with vim. My understanding is this:
The file $VIMRUNTIME/filetype.vim detects mails and sets ft=mail and
$VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin.vim loads the filetype specific plugin mail.vim
from $VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin/

> Does set ft=mail and sync=on activates it?

Well, if it isn't done automatically, it should ;)

regards,
Christian
85. Choice between paying Compuserve bill and paying for kids education
    is a no brainer -- although a bit painful for your kids.