Re: hooks from aliases

On Wed, Feb 20 2008, Vladimir Marek wrote:

> > set my_list_folders = /list1$|/list2$
> > mailboxes =list1 =list2
> > subscribe list1@xxxxxxxxxxx list2@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Nice. What exactly are your settings doing? What my_list_folders does?

Hello Vladimir,

Usage:
source "alias-hooks.php $alias_file|"
folder-hook . 'special settings'
folder-hook $my_list_folders 'other special settings'

> Over time I developed my approach to subscribing lists. I wanted
>  - to be 'subscribe'd to the list

Ok.

>  - everything to be stored in .muttrc, no external files

In my case, aliases (also for lists) are in a separate file.

>  - pressing 'm' for new mail automatically offers list address

Seems useful, I'll add this to my script too.
Thanks!

>  - pressing 'r' for reply is redefined to <list-reply>
>  - sorting is threads

Ok (it's in 'other special settings').

> I don't set up 'mailboxes' automatically, since I want to set the order
> in which they are reported to have new mail according to my taste.

With my script, the order is just the same as in the alias-file.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/