Re: Leopard Migration Hammered Mutt

Here's what I was able to come up with about path_helper:

"In Leopard, Apple has introduced a new mechanism for managing and maintaining
your system path ($PATH).

Previously (and in most current Linux environments) paths were managed by
updating the PATH environment variable directly in either the system profile
(/etc/profile) or your local profile (~/.bash_profile).

Commonly you had entries like:

  export JAVA_HOME = /usr/lib/j2se/jdk1.5.0_13/
  export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
In Leopard, you no longer have to modify the profile to make adjustments to
system paths. Instead, you can put a simple text file containing a path entry
(or entries) into /etc/paths.d/.

Each line in this file will be interpreted as a path and added automatically to
the system path."

littlesquare.com

Thanks for everyone's patient assistance.

Bill

From: Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>