Re: query with sent messages folder?

Thanks for that. Below are the relevent contents of my muttrc file i wonder if
you could have a look to see if there is anything strange going on.

I have picked bits up from others' that have been put on the web and by using
the mutt.org site too.

set record=~/sentmail
set postponed=+Drafts
set folder="imaps://mail.messagingengine.com/INBOX"
set spoolfile="imaps://mail.messagingengine.com/INBOX"
set mask="."
set from=jgriffin@xxxxxxxxxxx
set realname="Jamie Griffin"
set askcc
set askbcc
set nomove
set implicit_autoview
set mailcap_path="~/.mailcap"
set fcc_clear
set ascii_chars=yes
set edit_headers
set sendmail="/opt/local/bin/msmtp"
set folder="~/mail"
set postponed="~/postponed
set mbox=+Inbox
mailboxes =Inbox

The only variable i had slightly different was the record variable which was
set to: set record="sent Items"
I've now changed it to your suggestion.

The number and my name which was/is appended to the file does look as though it
could be the local hostname  the system thinks i have (again not certain), and
i have looked in some of the files and there are copies of messages i've
written. But the situation with the editor you mentioned seems likely.

Thanks for helping everyone.

Jamie