query with sent messages folder?

Hi there -

his may seem like a really simple question, but i've been setting up my MUTT
client for a few weeks now, and it seems to work fine, etc, but i have a query
about what's happening to my sent messages, or rather where they're being
stored. I've noticed this evening that i had a lot building up in /tmp
directory in a number of files named mutt and appended with:
mutt-jamiegriffin-501-511-16

This looks like the  number which i think is the router key id i have and i'm
not this should be happening. I've tried a few alterations in my muttrc but
can't seem to work out why this is happening.

I do want to keep a copy of sent message but not sure how to configure this in
the muttrc file.

I've  searched the web for weeks now, and have found some useful resources but
trying to teach myself has it's limits and i'd really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks,

Jamie

i'm using MUTT 1.5.15 on mac ox 10.4 and using fastmail on an IMAP server.