no "linea" hdr after editing msg

In mutt-1.4.2.3 (used on a different ISP than where I use mutt-1.5.10),
if I edit a message, the "lines" header is lost, leaving the lines
number in the index at zero.

I do have the following in 1.4.2.3's .procmailrc file:

# Generate a "Lines:" header (needed for maildir mailbox
# format) using procmail's scoring mechanism.  Only
# message-body lines are counted (not the headers):

:0 Bfhw
* -1^0
|formail -I"Lines: $="

Though I no longer have this in the .procmailrc I use with mutt-1.5.10,
I forget why (not needed anymore?).

How can I edit a message and keep a (now changed) lines header?

--
                         // rj@xxxxxxxxx //
    This virus works on the honor system: please forward this message