Re: Howto run a command in message hooks

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 05:38:55PM +0200, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 05:30:45PM +0200, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> > If you have used <pipe-message> I think your stdin has changed to the
> > messages you piped. And read expects your answer from that filehandle.
> > So you might try explicitly setting your tty with read yn </dev/tty
>
> Okay, that might be an explanation why it does immedetiately print those
> mutt press any key message (btw. is it possible to suppress this message
> when calling the script?), but why does it recall and recall the script
> endlessly?

Just a guess, but maybe after running an external script, mutt re-runs the
hooks; after all, it is still "Before  mutt  displays (or formats for replying
or forwarding) a message".  The muttrc man page, at least, is not very
specific (AFAICT) about when the hooks get run.

In any case you'll presumably want some way of /not/ prompting the user to
send the receipt if one has already been sent for this message; ideally some
way that's "built in" to mutt, i.e. doesn't require an external script.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/